Monergism.com Update - August 2006
"â€¦that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed upon us through the prayers of many." - II Corinthians 1:11
IMPORTANT UPDATE TO ALL OUR REGULAR VISITORS AT MONERGISM.COM
This past year, the Lord has blessed the reach of this ministry farther than we could have imagined. It is truly a blessing to see an increase in traffic and the daily inquiries we receive. I thank God, through your faithful prayers, that He has entrusted to us a tremendous increase of influence. While that causes us great joy yet we similarly recognize the attendant solemn responsibility this entails. Knowing all too well our own weakness I ask you to uphold us in prayer.
Likewise, wicked men and the minions of hell itself are particularly interested in attacking those who study, teach and apply Godâ€™s Word. In addition to our outward difficulties, juggling responsibilities of family, business, seminary, church and ministry, there is always the problem with the sin within our own hearts. It is very real so we are thankful for those who continue to pray for us and for this ministry. If you have not done so before we would encourage you to consider setting aside some time each week to lift us up in intercession before the Lord. We have truly seen the effectiveness of having other believers pray both on the mission field and at monergism.com. Your prayers do reach God's ears and they make the difference between success and failure. They concurrently work within the sovereign plan of God and for the advancement of His kingdom in the hearts and minds of men.
How can I express my thanks to you for your partnership? One of the best ways I know to do that is to share with you how your partnership is making a difference. As I come into to my office/library each day, I find a pile of messages in my email inbox thanking us for this ministry and the difference the resources it has gathered has made in people's lives. The Christian resources gathered on the site, mined from all over the Interent, we pray, are to the glory of Christ, pointing to Him and His work.
Here are just a few recent ones that I received:
"I tried to think of an elegant way to say this, but words fail me and so I simply say thank you so much for this site, I pray that God continues to bless this endeavor, that it touches the lives of many as it has touched mine."
"I just wanted to send a quick thank you in regards to how great an encouragement this website has been to me in both personal study and in aiding me as I teach at my church. Again, thank you for providing a God-honoring, Christ-centered collaboration of information."
"I just wanted to send along a quick note of thanks for the work you and others do with the Monergism website. I am a pastor of a church in New Zealand and I find the resources you provide to be like water to my soul. Keep up the good work."
"I have only recently come across your website. Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a tremendous resource! I can't wait to dive into the numerous articles, online books, and other wonderful resources you have graciously provided."
"....John, for creating and maintaining such a wonderful website. I use it constantly. I refer my fellow elders at church to it... and otherwise cheerlead for it as much as possible. Just wanted to say thanks. I'm praying for you."
"I am overwhelmed by the depth and the expanse of the materials on this site. I just want to thank you for what I know to be many years of hard work by many people who love Christ. If I never visit another reformed website, there is enough material here to facilitate my learning about God and His Word for the rest of my days. Our "holy hunger" for God starts here, and will continue into eternity!"
Many of you also might find this email from a Roman Catholic who has developed interest in Reformation Theology of great interest.
Thank you all for your prayers and for your concerns for us personally and for the Holy Spirit who now, through the preaching and teaching of His word, is brooding over many who will come to faith in Christ and over others who are growing in grace.
For those interested I wanted to update you with a few particulars in the hope that you can be praying through them with us.
1) The Monergism.com upgrade project is coming along well. The database has been built and the finished redesign of the website close to being completed. I have been going through the old site and trying to fix broken links and add a few more valuable resources. When I complete this I will hand the site over to the engineer who will create and upload it to the Web. It may take several more weeks until we are satisfied, but this is a big change that will hopefully be tremendously beneficial to everyone. When we asked you for the funds for this project you came through in an amazing four-weeks time. For this we are deeply thankful to the Lord for His faithfulness and for your generosity.
2) Many of you do not know that our current place of work is getting too small and that we have decided to move into a larger office/warehouse, starting October 1st, Lord willing. There we will conduct the business of the ministry and warehouse our entire inventory of books. This way we can separate work and home. Furthemore, we also plan on hiring one or two persons to come on board with us for our day-to-day operations. We are thankful to the Lord that through your donations and the funds generated from the bookstore we now think this is being made possible. We will need your intercession concerning the big move. As you know moves can be extremely difficult, so your prayers are especially coveted by us. We are moving out into new territory in many ways and hardships abound. Pray that my wife and I would handle the transition with a view to Christ, and He would give us wisdom to fully understand that these temporary afflictions and would have the ability to see them from His perspective.
3) We have many new creative projects for Monergism.com we would like to move into as soon as we are able to hire some folks to take some of the day-to-day work off our hands. Please pray that we hire the right people who are committed to the pupose of monergism.com and who would be a good fit for us. This person will be critical for us since we will have to work alongside them every day. We have already interviewed three people and will probably interview several more over the next month. Your prayers can make a difference here.
4) Pray that the Lord would bring more lifelong friends into our life here in the Northwest.
5) That the Reformed community needs to continue to develop a more full-orbed vision that encompasses Christ-centered doctrinal integrity, humility, piety, fervent love for brothers, evangelistic outreach, and missions of mercy. The Lord is doing major things and changing many lives through Reformation-minded local churches and theological awareness on the Internet.
May the Lord continue to richly bless you and your families
John W. Hendryx
Feel free to leave comments